We are delighted to introduce you to Matrix Biology Ireland (MBI) - the Irish Society for Matrix Biology. The scope of MBI is both to promote and consolidate scientific interest and expertise around extracellular matrix research in all its forms within Ireland, and, to link this with the international scientific community on Matrix Biology. Our brief also encompasses practical and translational applications of the biology of the extracellular matrix in all forms and aspects, including, but not limited to:
- Developmental biology;
- Extracellular matrix synthesis and degradation;
- Pathophysiology, degenerative conditions, injury;
- Biomaterials, tissue engineering, regenerative medicine;
- Delivery of therapeutics, biologics;
- Advanced microscopy techniques;
- In vitro and in vivo models.
We have entered our second term
(2017-2019) with a newly-elected MBI Council, which brings with it a
wide range of expertise covering various aspects related to the
biological significance of the extracellular matrix.
We would be delighted to welcome new members, and of course anyone with an interest in the biology of the Extracellular Matrix is very welcome to join the Society. We particularly encourage undergraduate and postgraduate students to join the Society. .