As you are no doubt aware our sport is growing rapidly. There are a number of issues coming out of this rapid growth. First and foremost there are increasing numbers of riders using the trails that are unaware of the various nuances of responsible biking. MBI we will be trying our best to educate people as to what is what, but to do so properly we need to try and link up as many of these new bikers as possible to established clubs groups and coped on individuals who have been active for a while.
In the trails section we are identifying all legal riding spots and also providing information on trail projects planned for differing areas. What we also want to do is provide local contacts that would be bikers can contact to get the low down on what’s what, who’s riding in the area, where are the good spots, where are the no go areas.
The benefits are as follows:
- A stream of new members, riding buddies etc.
- You will have a better idea of who is out there and if there are other riders near you.
- There is less chance of an un-initiated person causing you difficulties down the line.
- We are being seen to take responsibility for our activities and are actively trying to promote the good word.
- You might even figure out there is someone just like you, and another good place to ride, not that far away.
The down side is you might get the odd muppet on to you.
So what do we want you to do? If you feel that you have the appropriate level of local knowledge simply let us know the area you are active in, be it a large area (Such as Dublin or North Wicklow), or a specific forest or piece of land, whatever is most appropriate. We won’t be telling people that there are trails there, just that there is a person that they need to contact. We also therefore need contact details that you are happy to have given to the public. That could be anything form detailed contacts to just a club website. It would also be useful to have details of the riding you are into, so just general MTB, XC or DH, even Cyclocross. You will have to be over 18 before we will use your contacts.
Please enter any contact details through this link www.mbi.ie/contact/